Friday, March 07, 2008

Fresh from Sungai Pinang 11: 5 ceramah a night

I broke my own record of attending 5 ceramah a night, last night, when I successfully went to 2 places in Kajang, Kampung Baru Subang, SS2 Petaling Jaya and Kompleks Sukan Pandamaran Klang to deliver my speech.
The first in Kajang is in support of the PKR state candidate for Kajang, Lee Kin Sin, my old friend. I then went to another constituency within Kajang town to speak for the DAP Parliamentary candidate for Serdang, Teo Nie Ching. The response was very good.
From Kajang, I went to Kampung Baru Subang to support the PSM state candidate, Dr Nasir Hashim, who is contesting under the ticket of the PKR. I have been working with Dr Nasir and his comrades in the PSM for many years to defend the right of the squatters. I hope he will make it this time.
I had to leave for SS2 PJ after 20 minutes as I was running out of time. Upon arriving SS2, near the famous Chow Yang restaurant, I had to speak to about 3,000 people. The crowd were fantastic. I believe the DAP will win with flying colours this time in PJ Utara.
I was supposed to attend a ceramah at Batu 2, Jalan Kapar, within my constituency. However, I received a call informing me that the event had ended just as I arrived in Klang. I then diverted to Kompleks Sukan Pandamaran to speak for our Klang candidates.
I arrived at about 11.30 pm and there were still 2,000 people waiting for me. I spoke for an hour and ended at 12.30 am. Believe it or not, this is the second time in a week that I spoke until 12.30 am.
The crowd was simply amazing. They were so patient to listen to our speeches. Although the MCA and Gerakan are very strong here, I still believe that we can make a breakthrough here.
In any event, I had. I attended 5 ceramah in a night!
Today, I will be at Kuchai Lama, Seputeh, Sunway, Klang and Old Klang road in Lembah Pantai.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear CK, i pray and wish that the opposition will win comfortably and signifacntly this time around. i hv also observed u since your involvement in politics. while i think the dap and the opposition r patriotically admirable people and most if not all are capable and hv a high sense of integrity, i think u r one of the rare few ones who stands out. i wish u well and hope and pray that yr constituency will get to savor yr service for the new term. keep it up!!!!!!!

keat

Anonymous said...

Dear Teng, you will win all the way from our makkal sakthi! 人民的力量!
I think Klang peoples are awake, they know who is the one can work for us. Not just saying "work with me, I want to hear the truth!" This sentences seems like "him" and sounds like "him".

Anonymous said...

ON the 06.03.08,thursday night.I attended DAP ceramah at Kompleks Sukan Pandamaran with my FAmily.

It was my first to make myself to a Public place eventhough the elections has started a week ago.
The ppl at there s reli "hot" and i do enjoyed.

Your speech is the most memorable and our words really make me feel impressed.In fact you are the first politician i respect to.Believe Me!it Does!

At the End of the ceramah,i think we people on Klang should thank to God because we have you in real life and its true that we could not afford to lose you. It really meant.

Finally,I want to wish all the best.I know you are going to win.I know you do.Just want to say Well done,Mr.Teng.

Bravo! Keep On!May god Bless You.

nikko-19